Sunday, February 12, 2012

word musings

Somewhere in the faze of watching Bad Teacher for the second time last night at my friend's place, at 2am over veggie pizza (yep, one of those nights), I got to thinking about one of my all time favorite books, Eat Pray Love. Justin Timberlake's character asks his coworker what her favorite part of the book was: eat, pray, or love. I am not sure of my own favorite adventure section in the book: Bali, Italy, or India, but I do know that I marked up that text like crazy and want to share some of my favorite words from the book:


 You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within your life, no matter how slight. 

 When the past has passed from you at last, let go. Then climb down and begin the rest of your life. With great joy.

 You are, after all, what you think. Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions. 

To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.



What are some of your favorite Eat Pray Love quotes?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ker! Here are a few of my favs:

    "This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.”

    “Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.”

    ReplyDelete